|A gerund (verb + ing) acts like a noun in a sentence.|
Often, a possessive noun or pronoun comes before a gerund.
- Seeing is believing.
- Running a marathon is not an easy thing to do.
- Watching TV is sometimes harmful.
- Eating is always fun.
- My hobby is painting.
- She loves babysitting her sister.
- I like listening to music.
- I wasted all my afternoon by taking a nap.
- I am afraid of singing a song on a stage.
- I hope that you don’t mind my using your pen.
- Don’t be mad about my leaving early.
- I don’t want you misunderstanding.
- You will be amazed by my writing.
Fill in the blanks.
1)I enjoy (draw) as a hobby.
2)She likes (buy) clothes.
3)Children are fond of (play) with water.
4) (dance) is my favorite thing to do.
5)I am upset at his (break) the rule.
پاسخ ها را ببینید