|Verb tense tells you when the action happens. There are three main verb tenses: present, past, and future. Each main tense is divided into simple, progressive, perfect, and perfect progressive tenses.|
|Progressive||am/is/are finishing||was/were finishing||will be finishing|
|Perfect||have/has finished||had finished||will have finished|
|Perfect Progressive||have/has been finishing||had been finishing||will have been finishing|
Things to remember about simple tense:
a. Present tense is the original verb form.
b. Past tense has a few patterns.
c. Future tense needs will (shall) + verb.
- I run a marathon twice a year. (present)
- I ran a marathon last year. (past)
- I will run a marathon next year. (future)
- I eat lunch in my office.
- I ate lunch an hour ago.
- I will eat lunch in one hour.
- I see a movie once a week.
- I saw a movie yesterday.
- I will see a movie tomorrow.
- I know it.
- I knew it the day before yesterday.
- I will know it by tomorrow.
- I learn English.
- I learned English the last two years.
- I will learn English next year.
- I cook my supper every night.
- I cooked our dinner already.
- I will cook breakfast tomorrow.
Fill in the blanks with appropriate verb forms.
1)I a song at the concert yesterday.
2)He a letter to his girlfriend tomorrow.
3)I to the library to borrow some books this weekend.
پاسخ ها را ببینید
2) will write
3) will go